Saturday, February 21, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Blessing

I know that I am early with the St. Patty's day stuff, but I can't help myself, because I am trying to rush into Spring. However, the weather in Ohio is not cooperating with my wishes. It warmed up some and then "BAM" hit with 28 degree temperatures. My daughter and I have been coughing and dealing with sinus drainage for several days. So, if I am in a hurry for anything Springish, can you blame me? So much for Global Warming! Hahahaha! Ok, on with a card!

I found this very sweet St. Patrick's Day blessing on the internet, so I copied it into a word document, played around with the font style and color a wee bit, and then printed it out onto some Stampin Up Very Vanilla card stock. I then cut it out with a large rectangle Spelbinder's Nestibility, and mounted it with foam dimensionals onto some Stampin Up Garden Green card stock that I cut out with a Scalloped Rectangle Nestibility. I just can't seem to quit using my die-cuts and Cuttlebug machine this week. Anyways, next I punched out some small shamrocks with an EK Success Paper punch and adhered them below the sentiment. At this point, I set it aside for several days because I got stuck. Don't ya hate it when that happens? So, this evening it kind of fell into place. I had some shamrock DP (from Provo Craft) leftover from my previous card, so I laid that down onto some SU Certainly Celery card stock, and adhered the sentiment with some foam dimensionals. The corner accents were made with cuttlebug's antique corner die-cuts and some SU Very Vanilla


cardstock and popped up with dimensionals also. The ribbon is some retired SU Wild Wasabi double stitched. The bow is entirely held together with the sparkly brad in it's center. The brad is from Michael's Recollections collection. They had them on sale a few weeks ago and are so gorgeous.

I think that covers the instructions, if not leave me a comment or email. Actually, leave me a comment even if I did explain it all. Tee Hee. Am I begging for attention, or what? Yes I am and not a bit ashamed of it. Ha ha.

Anyways, have a great weekend and blessings to all everyday, not just on St. Patty's day.

Lisa











































































No comments: