Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Heat Embossing on Chipboard!



I decided to play around with my Stampin Up Chipboard this evening, and try to keep it simple. So this is what I came up with.

One thing I need to mention in case some of you have not used Stampin Up's chipboard before. It comes in a sort of cardboard color, and not white. So, when you add ink to it, the ink color appears darker on the chipboard than it would on white or vanilla card stock. For instance, I used Stampin Up Almost Amethyst Craft Ink on the chipboard piece you see on today's card. The butterfly on the upper left corner of the card is Stampin Up Almost Amethyst card stock. There is a big difference as you can see. Since the craft ink is so wet, I added some SU Clear embossing powder, and heat set 2 times to get a really glossy look to it. While I am at it, the base of the card is Stampin Up Barely Banana, and the other butterflies are Bashful Blue. I rounded the corners of the base with Stampin Up's corner rounder punch, and the butterflies were made with Martha Stewart single and trio butterfly punches. The sentiment was stamped on Almost Amethyst with a Hero Arts Sentiment and SU Lovely Lilac Classic Ink. Then I punched out the sentiment with a 3/4" square punch. I also used some foam dimensionals to pop up the chipboard frame, and the birthday sentiment. I guess that sums it all up. See you next time. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: