Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Simple Card w/ Sizzlet die-cut

Hello. Everyone who uses Stampin Up products I am sure by now how heard about them selling a die-cut machine and all kinds of die-cuts. Well, I finally stretched a few bucks and purchased one of the small sizzlets die-cuts. I chose the Little Leaf. So, I played around with it today with the purpose of making a super simple card. Here is what I came up with:



I also went over to my leader's house today, and cut some of the other die-cuts that she has that I don't have yet, such as the "Top Note", and the big "Scalloped Circle", both on my wish list. Those two have so many uses, I could never name them all. All of you should call me and order them! Sorry had to say that. Anyways, when I showed this card to my Stampin Up Leader, she told me that she thought it needed some tone-on-tone background stamping. I think it just needs a short sentiment at the bottom. She suggested using the leaf stamp from "Embrace Life" stamp set. I totally respect her opinion, but I was also kind of wanting more opinions. I hope if she's reading this post that she doesn't get mad at me. Anyways, what do you guys think? Be honest!

Ok, with that said, I cut the leaf branch in SU Garden Green, Punched the flowers with the Trio Flowers Punch in Almost Amethyst and Lovely Lilac. I placed them all on Very Vanilla card stock, mounted on Almost Amethyst, then the base is Ballet Blue. Wow, like I said, S I M P L E.......... Oops, the flower centers are sticky gems from Michael's as usual. I have got to get some of that new glitter that Stampin Up sells, a little dab of the two -way glue and some glitter would be awesome as flower centers as well. Well, that's about it for this post. Until next time.....Take care, and God Bless.

Lisa

No comments: