Thursday, July 29, 2010

Stamp-N-Doodle Thursday

Hello, welcome back to another Thursday! I have to say, I had a blast with this week's image from Stamp-n-doodle. It is an image of a boy swimming, so there is so much you can do with it, or rather I could do with it, because I have alot of water, ocean, etc. stamps and things that I can coordinate with it. Here is the image on the card that I made with it.

I started out just coloring the image with my Prismacolor pencils, then decided to cut it out with one of my Spellbinder's Oval Nestibilities. Then, I decided to choose a sketch from my book of Splitcoast sketches, and chose an old one: SC167. You can find a master list of all of their sketches on their website under forums and sketch challenges. I ran a piece of SU Bashful Blue card stock through my cuttlebug with my bubbles embossing folder (I am not sure that is the correct name of the folder). Then I cut it into the rectangular sizes that were shown on the sketch. I put the image and the embossed pieces onto the card, and decided it needed something else. So, I remembered that I had a stamp set from "Our Craft Lounge" called "Bubbles". I stamped, colored and cut out the ocean floor stamp and the bubbles stamp and added those to the card. Then I decided that I would heat emboss the raised areas of the dry embossed rectangles with clear embossing powder. Now, this can be done two ways, but since I already had everything adhered to the card, I had only one choice, color the raised areas with my Versamarker, add the powder, then heat set. The second way would have been to dab your Versamark ink pad onto the raised areas, add powder, then heat set. That about sums it up. Pop onto the other DT member's blogs and see what they came up with for today's image. Then, pop on over to the Stamp-n-doodle blog and store and see what is new there.

Also, come back around noon Ohio time, and see what I came up with for this week's Soft Pencil image!

Until Later today....................Blessings, Lisa

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Lisa, your card is too cute! I love the way you put your card together - the image cut into an oval, the embossed background, the sea life at the bottom. Incredible!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Oooh, I LOVE this Lisa, WONDERFUL work!!

Kerry said...

Super cute Lisa, I love how you created the water background and the "bottom of the sea", so clever!