Monday, March 29, 2010

Inspirational Easter Card

Hello. I wanted to show you today an Easter card that I made that is more about the "reason for the season" as the saying goes. I used a stamp set from Stampin Up called "Abundant Hope". Here is a photo of the entire stamp set, it has a beautiful image of Daffodils, two sayings, and a fancy swirl image.

For the front of the card, I stamped the image on Watercolor paper, and colored it with Stampin Up ink refills dropped into the lid of the ink pad and I used a blender pen. The Designer paper is from a retired Simply Scrappin set, and the border was punched with SU's new Scalloped border punch. I cut out the image with an oval Spellbinder's Nestibility and mounted it onto Yoyo Yellow card stock cut out with a scalloped Oval Nestibility. The Sticky gems are from Michael's Craft Store, and the image is popped up a bit with some foam dimensionals from Stampin Up. The other card stock used is SU Garden Green, and Whisper White.

I decided to show you the inside of the card because I stamped the longer sentiment on the inside with the fancy swirl on the top and under the sentiment. Love that Swirl!

Now, this week is my first week back on the DT team over at Soft Pencil Designs, so among other things this week, I will be having "Soft Pencil Thursday" again for the month of April. I love working with Soft Pencil Designs, they are so adorable. I have another Easter card to show you tomorrow, with an oh so cute image that was a gift to me from a friend. I am still working on my blog remodeling, so keep excusing my dust.
So, until next time.............Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

Cat said...

What a gorgeous card, Lisa! I love it! So glad you are back with us at Softpencil! I just love Elizabeth and her adorable images! I use an ink jet printer for my digital images. It is Canon Photo Printer
i960. I don't have a problem with bleeding or smearing. You might try heat setting your image before coloring, if you should have any problems with your printer. Hope this helps! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Lisa! Have a very Happy and more importantly Blessed Easter! ~Hugs Donna