Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday in Blue for Lydia!

Hello crafters! I have a friend named Lydia Fiedler that I have mentioned many times before, her blog is called Understand Blue. She is a fabulous person, she helped me set up my blog when she barely knew me. How many people would do that? So without Lydia, InspiredbyPurple would not be in existence. Today is Lydia's birthday, so like many other of her friends, I am wishing her a happy birthday with a card, and probably at the end of my post, a white furball. I'll keep you wondering on that one. Here is the card:



I wanted to make the card with one of Lydia's favorite colors, Stampin Up Pacific Point Blue. I had a heck of a time getting a good photo of this. I finally put it on my window ledge and snapped it with nothing but natural light. Then, the little Gremlins in my Picasa photo editing software, kept messing up my watermark as you can see on the bottom. Sometimes you just have to give up and post the darn thing! So, Lydia, sorry about all of the quality control issues on my end, but I meant well. I decided that I was going to try a new crafting toy called Glimmer Mist. It looked so easy when they demonstrated it at Archivers! I used Gold here and for the first time. So, if there are gold blotches here and there, oops. I went all out, and sprayed the flower petals, and the card background. The flower petals are actually leftovers from cutting out Stampin Up's Lattice Dies for my previous post. Yep, that is me never wasting a good thing, especially paper crafting leftovers. The flower centers are faux gold pearls from Michael's, and the sentiment is from the Stampin Up set called Great Friend, and was heat embossed with SU Detail Gold embossing powder.



Happy Birthday Lydia!!!!!!



Ok, I promised a white furball earlier. Are you all wondering what the heck I am talking about? Well, here it is.


Please excuse the bad attitude on this furball, she hates to have her picture taken. Enjoy.

Until next time................................Blessings, Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

AAAAAAAAWwwwwwwwwwwwww!! Thank you! You are too kind!! And I LOVE the card! What are we gonna do when we run out of Pacific Point?? *sniff*

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, girl. I'm always inspired by you!

(PS - can you tell I'm behind on my reader??)