Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Memory Glass Window Ornament


Hello. Memory Glass Window Ornament? I didn't know what else to call it. I plan to hang it in a window with one of those little suction cup hooks, so it is a window ornament in my house. I have been wanting to try this little doodad for awhile, but thought that I would have to mail order the glass pieces. Well, I happened to come across some in a store and it is called "Memory Glass" by Ranger. It comes in 4 different sizes as far as I could see. Here is a link to their website, maybe it will spell it out better than I did. I used the 1"x3" size; which resembles the size of a microscope slide. Anyways, I first cut a piece of vellum paper to the size of the glass. Next I took a stamp from Stampin Up's "Embrace Life" stamp set, and stamped it randomly onto my vellum with black StazOn ink. I knew that if I used StazOn ink, that I would not have any ink smears. I need this when I work with vellum because I am accident prone. Then, I turned it over and water colored in the design with Stampin Up Markers and blender pen. Don't those blues and a hint of purple look pretty blended together? When I was done coloring, I put the vellum in between two pieces of the glass and put something called "Memory Foil Tape", also made by Ranger, around the edges to hold it all together. The last thing was to add the cord hanger that you can barely see in my photo at the top. I used another small piece of the foil tape to adhere that so I could then hang it in the window. That was all there is to it. It is pretty easy to do. I thought if you used Christmas designs in it, then they could be used as Christmas tree ornaments as well. Of course there are many uses and ideas for these cute little doodads. I was wishing that I had picked up a pack of the square ones as well. Maybe next time. Well, I need to sign off, I have a couple of card projects started and need to get them finished. Have a great day!

Lisa

No comments: