Wednesday, November 26, 2008

More projects from Upline Workshop



Hello. I am back again. Wow, 2 posts in one day! What a rare event for me. Anyways, the first project involves the Top Note Die Cut from SU's new Big Shot Machine, and an old favorite SU's "Lovely as a Tree" stamp set. We held a torn uneven mask onto the top note, then with Bashful Blue and a brayer, we made the sky, and stamped the trees in Basic Black. Then added some Dazzling diamonds glitter with SU's 2-way glue pen. The assembly of the rest is pretty self explanatory.


This project was a box made out of card stock and acetate for the lid. I must admit that it looked a bit difficult getting the acetate scored correctly. The little stamped images inside are decorated mints. My leader went home with half a box, since she couldn't help eating them. Shame on you Terri. Tee Hee. It makes a very cute gift
when you have all of the candies in it. Tee Hee. I guess I had better quit, or the next time I need to borrow tools for a workshop, I may get the cold shoulder. Only kidding, I love ya Terri.
















This card had an interesting idea about what to do with your designer paper scraps. Yes, ALWAYS keep your scraps. They do have a use. Here we just cut up some SU's DSP into small confetti-like shapes, and set aside. Then, took our versamark pad directly to a piece of SU Whisper White card stock. Sprinkle SU Irridescent Ice Embossing Powder and Heat Set. Make sure you have a pair of Tweezers to hold onto the card stock with so as not to burn your fingers with the heat gun. Or, create a temporary card stock handle on the back of the piece you are embossing. Then we adhered the scraps of DSP that we chopped up earlier, and finished up the card. Lydia over at Understand Blue did something similar to this with solid card stock in various shades of blue to create a sky. Check out her blog when you have a chance. Lydia is a very creative and funny lady. Hey Lydia, if you are reading this, I miss Maddie and Splotchy, post some photos soon. Those are her two hilarious kittens that she found dumped on the side of the road by some sub-human jerk and she adopted them. Ok, my eyes are telling me to quit, and my brain is telling me to get off the computer and clean off my crafting table. I will post the rest of my upline workshop photos another day. God Bless, and have a very Happy Thanksgiving day! Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG - I love these projects!!!!! The top note thing is brilliant!!!

And you're right - great minds think alike - I have the most fantabulous kittie pictures coming!!