Saturday, November 8, 2008

Embrace Life card w/ attached Bookmark



Hello. Well, I sat at my craft table for an hour trying to come up with a Christmas card with a Stampin Up Christmas stamp set, and came up with absolutely nothing. I was trying for a change to use a current set. I have only 2 current Christmas sets, and I already used the one from the mini catalog on an earlier post, and my other one, is nowhere to be found. SU really disrupted my current supply on everything last year when they had that absolutely huge discontinued list. Ok, now that I complained and got that off of my chest.

I decided to post a card that I made for a workshop. It is pretty cool if I say so myself, as it comes with a small gift attached, a bookmark. I am sure that most of you have heard about the SU "Cutter Kit". Well, one of the tools is a perforating blade, which is how the recipient of the card can detach the bookmark. Simply cut your card stock a little extra long on one side; depending on how wide you want the bookmark to be. Once you score and fold your card base over to the standard invitation size, You can use the edge of the card base front as your straight edge with which to run the perforating blade along for your detachable bookmark. After this is done, create your card design, and attach, then your book mark design and attach. If you wish you can attach some ribbon or fiber to the top of the bookmark (remember to punch one layer of card stock at a time, I broke a punch trying to get through two layers once). To fold it all up to fit into an envelope, first fold down the ribbon, fold in your book mark at the perforation, then it is ready to place in the envelope and mail. If anyone wants me to put a step by step photo tutorial of this on another post, just leave me a comment requesting this. Otherwise, the supplies I used are listed below. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Lisa

Card stock: SU Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Whisper White, Basic Gray

Ink: Basic Gray, Regal Rose

Accessories: SU Markers, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose, Ribbon~retired Rose SU Cutter Kit.

No comments: