Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ornament Suspension Card

Sorry for my absence, I have been a tad bit under the weather for the past few days. Some extra sleep has been helping tremendously though.


I decided to post a technique that I have never posted before and that is a suspension card or rather in my case a double suspension card. Here it is:
I stamped one of the ornament stamps from the Delightful Decorations stamp set from the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalog. I stamped it two times with Rose Red ink, then punched it out with the coordinating ornament paper punch. Then, I punched a circle out of the center of both ornaments at the same time so that the circles line up afterwards. This was easier because I applied a very small amount of removable adhesive to the ornaments and placed them back to back before trying to punch the circles out of them. Next, I stamped one of the smaller stamps of the same set with Certainly Celery ink two times, and I hand cut those out because I couldn't find the correct size circle punch (I have got to organize my punch collection). Next, I applied some permanent adhesive (terrifically tacky tape works best) to all of the backs of the pieces that I wanted to suspend on the string. I used some retired gold cord from Stampin Up for mine, the Tutorial over on the Splitcoast Stampers Website, suggests dental floss. Click here for a link to their tutorial. Next, I laid my gold cord to the back center of one of each of my items to be suspended, then carefully lined up the other pieces on top of those. Then I laid this across the front card base which I had already punched a larger circle into. The final step was to place a piece of designer paper; I used some Retired SU Certainly Celery patterned paper here. As a final touch, I took one of the circles that I had punched out of the ornament center, cut it into fourths, and applied each one to each of the four corners on the front of the card for en extra embellishment. I added an enlarged photo of the card below to show you the suspended items better.





Well, I hope you liked it, and go check out the tutorial on Splitcoast, they added more photos that I did. Until next time................Blessings, Lisa

No comments: