Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

Hello. I struggled with ideas today with the stamp set that I wanted to use. Remember the ornament punch from Stampin Up that I used as a vase on a previous post? Well, Stampin Up sells a coordinating stamp set to go with that punch called "Delightful Decorations". It is featured in their current Holiday Mini catalog. I used two of the stamps in it for today's card. As I said, I was struggling for an idea for the card layout, so I borrowed one from my friend Lydia Fiedler over at UnderstandBlue. Click HERE to see her card. So, here is my card:




I decided to step out of my comfort zone and use a couple of non-traditional Christmas colors, and I was glad that I did. The lighter colored ornament is Stampin Up's Regal Rose, the other ornament is Rose Red. The sentiment is stamped with Rose Red ink on Whisper White card stock and punched out with a Stampin Up Word Window Punch, and layered on a piece of Rose Red card stock punched out with Stampin Up's Modern Label Punch. Ah, my second favorite thing after "bling" is my paper punches. I managed to work 3 of them into this card; which is not my personal best, but not too bad either. The string for the ornaments is the retired silver cord from SU; however the current elastic cord that is featured in the Holiday Mini Catty would work just as well. The middle panel is SU Garden Green card stock and is popped up just a little bit with some thin foam dimensionals from SU.

I have a couple of other cards in the works using the Ornament punch with other non-coordinating stamp sets (gotta show you again how to get the most out of your products), and a couple of requests that I am working on...so keep checking back for new projects.

I have to thank Donna, over at Butternut Sage Designs blog for referring her readers over to my blog after she found my Ornament Punch Vase card post from last week. Go check out her blog, she makes some awesome cards! Donna, my readers have doubled since you did that! YES!!!! Even if you don't leave a comment, each visit that I see on my counter inspires me to keep crafting and blogging. However, I won't deny the fact that I absolutely love getting comments, they make me smile!!!!!!!

Until next time...............Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I hopped over from SC to see your Ornament Punch creations - I'm waiting for mine to arrive!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have sent you some blog friends....best of luck growing your readership, amd thank you for inspiring me! Hugs~Donna