Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fall card

Hello. I have a Fall card to share with you today. If you have been following my blog for awhile, you will know that one of my favorite techniques is heat embossing a dry embossed image. This card is using that very technique:

I used a brass template that I bought years ago when I was first experimenting with dry embossing. So I apologize, but I don't know where I found this cute little pumpkin gem. So, I dry embossed the image onto some Stampin Up Whisper White Card Stock, colored the image with my Stampin Up Markers, then colored the raised image again with my Versamarker, and heat embossed with some clear embossing powder. I mounted it onto some Pumpkin Pie SU card stock. The other piece of card stock is simply a piece of Whisper White card stock sponged with Pumpkin Pie ink. I didn't have any DSP that I liked, so I created my own. I placed the whole thing onto Garden Green card base, and added a small sentiment and some DCWV buttons for embellishment. I hope you like it. Until next time..............Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love the layout that you used on this card! Plus, the colors are fabulous!

Leigh said...

Oh wow, I have a stencil that is very nearly the same as this. I love the colours. Great sketch too.