Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ornament Punch Ideas

Hello. Well, I promised you some more ideas for the ornament punch that is in the new Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catalog. Here they are:


On this first one I stamped one of the snowflakes from the Stampin Up Holiday Mini Catty called "Serene Snowflakes", then while holding my ornament punch upside down, centered the snowflake and punched it out. The snowflake by the way, was stamped with the new Platinum shimmer paint that is also in the holiday mini. I found it easiest to paint the stamp with the shimmer paint with a paint brush, then stamp. Boy does that stuff shimmer! I highly recommend it. The scallop is also from Stampin Up/Sizzix Bigz die-cut called "Large Scallop Circle". The tree branch is from the stamp set "Bird on a Branch", and the sentiment is from the stamp set "Teeny Tiny Wishes". The ornament is popped up just a little bit with an SU Stampin Dimensional. The card stock used was Stampin Up Whisper White and Night of Navy.

The next card was super fun, and super easy. I punched out 3 ornament punches from Night of Navy card stock. Then, with a paint brush, I brushed some Champagne Mist (Gold) Shimmer paint on them completely covering them. I set them aside for a few minutes to let them dry. While that was going on, I ran my SU/Sizzix Sizzlet from the Holiday Mini Catty called "Merry Details" through my cuttlebug with some Whisper White card stock. Next, I simply attached them to the ornaments and assembled them onto a card base. The lines for the ornaments to hang from were obviously hand drawn with my black marker. Clean & Simple, and finished in about 10 minutes, if that! Don't ever be afraid to hand draw on your cards, it adds a special uniqueness to them. Oh, notice the shimmer from the paint on the ornaments. It looks really cool in person on that dark card stock. It looks equally nice on Handsome Hunter, and Bravo Burgundy, which are the only other two colors that I have tried this with so far.
Well, that is it for today. Until next time............. Blessings, Lisa

No comments: