Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fall cards already?

Well, I have been a very busy lady, and haven't had time to make some new cards, so I thought I would share a card that I made last winter and was planning on saving to share with you once summer was over. Oh well, what does it matter what season we are in. I have already started making Christmas cards. Yes, you read that right, Christmas cards. This is the first time I am a few steps ahead on that yearly adventure! I even shocked myself.

Ok, this design was created with a brass template that I bought at Hobby Lobby several years ago. So, I dry embossed the pattern onto some Stampin Up Whisper White card stock, colored the raised areas with Stampin Up markers, then colored the raised areas again with my Versamarker and sprinkled some clear embossing powder on it and heat set. So I heat embossed my dry embossed design. It takes a bit of time, but if you like to color, and like to heat emboss, you would really like the finished product when you are finished. The sentiment is stamped with a stamp that I absolutely can't remember anything about. Sorry about that. The sticky gems are from Michael's, the leaf border at the bottom is a fiskers border punch. Last but not least all card stock is from Stampin Up. Feel free to double click on the picture to get a closer look at the embossing details. Until next time............ Blessings, Lisa
Card stock: More Mustard, Old Olive, and Whisper White.

No comments: