Monday, August 10, 2009

Chubby Owl

I found a cute chubby owl wood mounted stamp in a dollar bin at Michael's and could not resist. It is not very often that I find a cute stamp in the Michael's dollar bin. I decided to play around with a sketch on the clean and simple blog. Here is a picture of the sketch:


The rectangle is hand drawn, and is super easy, just find something with a very straight edge and go to it. Here is my version with my very reasonably priced chubby owl:



I traced over some parts of the owl with my Stampin Up Basic Black marker, and the owl and sentiment are stamped in Stampin Up's Close to Cocoa Classic ink. When I finished with the box, and owl, I decided that it needed some more color. Just brown and black seemed pretty dull to me, so I added some sticky blue gems from Michael's to the eyes and as accents near the box.

Clean and Simple, Easy Peasy. Now you try this sketch, a lot of different stamp images would work. A link to the Clean and Simple Blog is above and on the sidebar of my blog. They made several cards with this sketch and they are all adorable. Check them out and get stamping.

I went to a huge stamp convention Saturday and saw a lot of cool stuff and yes I purchased a few cool things. So, as soon as I organize my photos and thoughts, I will post about it.

Until next time........................Blessings, Lisa

No comments: