Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Colors on Simple Cards

Hello. Sorry for my absence. Drop me an email and tell me how I can make it up to you. Please make sure it doesn't involve money, I am unemployed.



Anyways, here I am. I have been crafting, dealing with my very spoiled for attention kitty, nagging my 10 year old daughter to get into the shower (thank heavens I only have one). Finally, I got back to the computer to post something. Phew!


After browsing the Splitcoast Stampers Website, that I would play around with this weeks Clean And Simple Challenge, as I have before. I love those challenges, I love simple cards, I love quick cards. Heck, I love alot of things. Jennifer McGuire posts alot of Simple cards on her blog's card gallery, so does Jana Millen, and so does Lydia Fiedler of Understand Blue, all three of which are on my favorites blog list over on my side bar, or I added links to their names. Check them out. Not that we don't all enjoy a complicated design, or technique once in awhile, but clean and simple are fun. So, without further adieu, I have THREE, yes THREE cards to show you tonight!


The challenge was to use three colors...........Yellow, Orange, Turquoise, in a clean and simple pattern. Well, could I have gotten any simpler than the one above? Maybe, but who cares. I ran my Whisper white card stock through my cuttlebug with my Swiss Dots embossing folder, stamped a quick sentiment (from Pocket Silhouettes), and punched 3 flowers with my Stampin Up Trio Flower Punch out of Yoyo Yellow, Only Orange, and Tempting Turquoise. This will be one of the very few times that you see me use Only Orange, not my favorite. However, I did use it in the bottom two cards as well. Like I said, I was just playing along with the challenge. I think that anyone of these three would be great done as monochromatic cards!

This card was made with Stampin Up's 5-Petal Flower punch, Trio Flower Punch, and some Hero Arts Sticky Gems.



This final card was made with Stampin Up's Full Heart Punch, some DCWV buttons, and some tone on tone stamping with a stamp from Pocket Silhouettes stamp set from Stampin Up.



Until next time, blessings to all. Lisa




1 comment:

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hey Lisa, Cute cards!!! You inspire me to stamp!!! I'm having a hard time shakin' off the summer blahs. But I might have to check out the CAS stuff.
BTW, Bones is almost the same size as the other kitties...I'm having a hard time telling him from them. Haven't yet taken a good pic of him, but will keep trying.
Hope all is well...any job news?
Hugs, Cindy