Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Purple Flower

Hello. Well, as most of you know, I love the color purple. So, I couldn't resist making a purple card, it has been awhile since I have done this. It is still in the somewhat simple mode, so It should be easy to case. I hope you enjoy it.

The stamp set that I used was once again Stampin Up's Hostess Level 3 set called "Kind and Caring Thoughts". This a big stamp set with several image stamps and 3 short sentiments, and a handful of verses that would work great for the inside of your cards. I began by stamping the flower image onto my Versamark pad, then onto a Lavender Lace Classic ink pad, then with a sponge dauber, I stamped the edges of the flower with some Elegant Eggplant classic ink, then finally stamping the flower onto some Whisper White card stock. Next I sprinkled some Iridescent Ice embossing powder on the flower and heat set it. I apologize, but you can't really see the sparkle on it in this photo. I hate it when that happens, but sparkle is hard to catch in a photo. Next I cut out the flower with one of my Spellbinders Large Oval Nestibilities, and mounted it onto another oval (Elegant Eggplant) made with a scalloped oval nestibility. Next I cut out a wide strip of Lavender Lace card stock, scored it a few times to give it a little dimension, tied a piece of 1/4" Eggplant Grosgrain ribbon around it, punched the bottom of it with my SU scalloped border punch, and mounted it with some foam pop dots. The last things that I did was to mount the flower with some foam pop dots and add a few faux silver pearls just for the heck of it. If you have any questions, you know where to find me.
Blessings, Lisa

No comments: