Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Back!

Hello! I am back from my sinus infection! Well, I'm almost better, at least my throat feels 99% better. I actually sat down to stamp last night. Wow did I miss that. So, I have a couple of things to share with you today. The first one is a masculine birthday card that I made. I decided to play around with the Cracked Glass Technique. So, this is what I came up with.

I started with the fern stamp from the Stampin Up Level One Hostess Set "Organic Grace". I stamped it with SU Mellow Moss Classic Ink on SU Naturals Ivory. Next I cut it down to the size that I wanted, and made a temporary handle to place onto the back of it. This is so that I had some way to hold onto it while heating the embossing powder without burning myself. See the next picture below. Attach the temporary card stock handle with some repositionable adhesive for easy removal.

The next thing was to press the entire piece of card stock with your stamped image onto a versamark pad, and make sure it is completely covered. Then pour on some Clear Embossing Powder (Stampin Up's works best - seriously), and heat set. Repeat this process 3 or 4 times depending on your preference, and let cool. After the piece has cooled down, you can make the cracks by gently twisting, or bending it until you achieve the look that you are satisfied with. See close up of cracked area below. Complete list of supplies are below photo.


Supplies Used: Card stock~SU Old Olive, Speckled Ivory. Ink~SU Basic Black, Mellow Moss, Versamark. Accessories~SU Clear EP, Retired Magic Mesh, Buttons by Die Cuts With A View.
Sentiment Stamp from SU Warmest Regards.


The last thing that I wanted to share was some super fast cards that I made. I stamped "Thank You" on them, but they would also work for birthdays, Thinking of you, get well, etc. I actually cased the idea (and added a couple of my own touches) from a friend of mine, Lydia Fiedler, her blog here. Pop on over to her blog, I have said it before, and I am saying it again, she's a talented and funny lady. Love ya Lydia. Anyways, all that I did was punch some squares out of some patterned paper that I had and adhered them to some SU Kraft card stock, and stamped a sentiment. That is what I cased from Lydia. I decided to use some of my millions of buttons to add a little extra, and a prima flower with a sticky gem. They look absolutely cute without the buttons and stuff, I was just playing with my stash. Gotta use it up someday! So, I hope you enjoyed, and I started a little something with the SU Stamp set called "Embrace Life", and alot of purple for tomorrows post. Enjoy the weekend!

Lisa










No comments: