Saturday, January 24, 2009

Art of Life Sympathy card


Hello. I think that the hardest type of card for me to make is a sympathy card because of the purpose it is made for. I needed to make another sympathy card to send for the death of my step-brother's wife, so I thought that I would share it with you.


I decided to use an old favorite Stampin Up Stamp set called "The Art of Life". I started by stamping the background stamp of the set with Stampin Up's Mellow Moss Classic Ink, on Very Vanilla card stock. Next I pulled out my Stampin Up Rich Regals Watercolor Wonder Pencils and colored the flower stamp with Always artichoke, Regal Rose and Rose Red. Then, since I didn't have a small spritzer bottle, I tapped the stamp with a wet aqua painter. Then I stamped it onto the Very Vanilla card stock. Next I stamped the sympathy sentiment with Always Artichoke classic ink and mounted it onto Always Artichoke card stock. The border was made with my Martha Stewart Scallop Lace Border punch, and decorated with some faux pearls from Michael's, and a narrow light pink organdy bow from my Michael's ribbon stash. There is another sympathy sentiment inside the card that I typed on Microsoft Word, and printed onto some Very Vanilla card stock. The saying is:

May God's love heal your sorrow, and may his peace replace your heartache with warm and loving memories.

Thanks for stopping by and I will see you next time with one or two Valentine cards.

Blessings, Lisa

No comments: