Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Valentine Time

Yes, believe it or not I have returned. I am still fighting off the bronchitis, so I returned to my Dr. today. I got stronger medicine, and hopefully I will be back to normal real soon. In the meantime, I was sooooooooooo bored that I couldn't take it anymore. I actually made some cards to share with you today, imagine that! Gee does it ever feel good to be back to crafting and blogging. I miss the creative outlet and your comments. Stampin Up has a new Mini catalog out, and I have some new stuff to show you. Today, I made a couple of Valentine cards with the new stamp set called I {Heart} Hearts.

I borrowed this set from another demo, so I probably wont be posting anymore cards with it after today. Sorry.

I did, however take a bunch of photos, because I know that at least one person viewing this is going to ask if any of these stamps coordinate with any of Stampin Up's punches, such as the Full Heart Punch, Heart to Heart Punch, or the new Small Heart Punch from the occasions mini catty. The answer is yes, they do, and if anyone wants to see a photo explanation of this, leave me a comment, and I will do a separate post for that. So, the first photo below shows you all of the stamps included in the set. Is it cute or what?

The next photo is of the first card that I made with this set. I used the different hearts to create a very quick and simple cascade of hearts going down the card. The top heart is simply some SU DSP punched with their Full Heart Punch, and some Melon Mambo punched with the new Small heart punch and layered on top. The next two hearts were stamped with Melon Mambo and cut out by hand. The next three hearts are all on one stamp, inked with Melon Mambo again and punched with the Heart to Heart punch. The "Love" heart at the bottom was also stamped with Melon Mambo ink and then punched with the new Small Heart Punch. Happy Valentine's day was stamped on the inside of the card using a stamp from the SU set called Teeny Tiny Wishes.



The next card uses three stamps in the same set. The three stripes are 1/4" grosgrain ribbon: Real Red, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink. I stamped all of them in Real Red ink, cut out the two on the right by hand, and popped them up with pop dots, the friend heart was punched out with the Full Heart Punch. Just for the heck of it, I added a Real Red small heart punch. The sentiment again is from the stamp set Teeny Tiny Wishes. Both cards have a Kraft card stock base.

Now, speaking of boredom, this one of the things that I did while I was resting on my sofa last week. My kitty, Mittens was by my side the whole time. Here she is taking very good care of me while sleeping on her bed next to me. How do they hold their legs and paws up like that while sleeping? Doesn't look comfy to me! I'm just sayin! She sure is funny though.




Well, that's my limit for one day! Thanks for all of the get well wishes from you fabulous blog readers. Take care, stay healthy, and

until next time...........Blessings, Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so pretty Lisa, don't you just LOVE the new stamps!!!!! I just enjoy holding the blocks and turning them over and over in my hand.....shhhhhh don't tell me you didn't feel the same way the first time you met them! LOL!!! Hugs~Donna

Cat said...

I hope you are feeling better soon, Lisa. Love your cards! So sweet and perfect for Valentine's Day! Hugs

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hey Lisa....I was just looking at your Valentine selection....I like the one you posted here that has the 2 hearts on it....I think I might case that for my club on Monday.
Later....C