Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Clean and Simple Birds

Today I have a couple of Clean and Simple cards to share that I made with the Stampin Up Level One Hostess set called "Of the Earth". I chose to use the bird stamp from that set today.

The first card as you can see is purple. Imagine that! Purple on my blog, what else? Anyways, the card base is Stampin Up's Almost Amethyst, the image is stamped on Whisper White with Elegant Eggplant ink; and it is layered on Elegant Eggplant card stock. The image was cut out with my 1-1/4" square punch, and the mat was cut with my 1-3/8" square punch. The embossed square around the bird was made by running one of my Spellbinder's square nestibilities through my cuttlebug with a tan embossing mat, instead of cutting plates only. This was my first try with this, but not my last, I love the result.


This one was actually even easier than the first, as I simply stamped the image 3 times with each color,and punched then out with the 1-1/4" square punch and their mats with my Stampin Up Scallop Square punch. The colors used for this card are Stampin Up Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, and Whisper White for the card base. I hope you liked them.
Until next time.............................. Blessings, Lisa

2 comments:

Cindy Jenkins said...

Hi Lisa.....I like your embossed square...GREAT idea!
Hey...we finally bought another camera last week....so I am going to start taking pics of the things that I've been making and begin blogging again.

Jana said...

So pretty. I love the simplicity of the purple one.