Sunday, December 7, 2008

Fun with Border Punches

Hello. Well, I haven't gotten the Stampin Up Scallop Border punch yet, but I have seen those too cute Scallop Border Punch Medallions that everyone is making over on Split Coast Stampers web site. I know that I am behind the game on this, but I decided to play around with my other border punches and the medallion thingy and see what happened. In the rare case that you don't know, the medallion is first started with a piece of card stock that is 2-3/4" square. Since the SU scallop border punch is manufactured by EK Success, I thought why not try other EK Success border punches, such as their own, or the ones that they manufacture for Martha Stewart Crafts. So, the first one is my EK snowflake border punch.


I love that little snowman from SU's "Merry & Bright" stamp set. I couldn't resist putting him on there.












This one is from the Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch. I completely fell in love with it. Wouldn't it be adorable on a heritage scrapbook page border with an embellishment in the center? It would also be cute on an elegant card, especially wedding or shower.









This one is my absolute favorite so far, it is the "Double Arch Lattice" (I think) punch from MS.














Here is the one made with the MS Gingerbread border punch. I am not sure about this one, because the gingerbread people on the top will always have to be upside down. It is kind of cute, maybe you feel differently.




Next, I decided to get really adventurous, and try this with my Fiskers border punches. Not quite the same result. The Fiskers border punches are a bit larger, so the center fell out. This can be fixed by increasing the square card stock piece to be 3" square. I would like to say that I had a more difficult time getting the Fiskers punches through the SU card stock than I did the MS punches. The MS punches went through the SU card stock pretty smoothly.
















Last, but not least, I wanted to show you the results of using the Fiskers leaf swirl punch. It makes a cute frame, but not exactly a punch medallion. Well, that is as far as I have gotten with this. I will try to put one on a card or a scrapbook page in the near future. If you have any other border punches besides the one I have shown, and experiment with them, send me an email and a photo, I am curious what others will come up with. Until later, hang loose, and be happy.
Lisa














































































































































































No comments: