Thursday, November 4, 2010

Stamp-N-Doodle Thursday

Hello Peeps, I know it's late for me to be blogging today, but I will leave this post at the top of my blog for all day Friday as well. Last week we Stamp-n-doodle DT ladies had a sketch to work with for our card and image. Well, I didn't post last week, so I have two examples this week with that sketch to show you. I used the image from last week, and also the image for this week. I hope it provides you with double inspiration. Here is the sketch:
This one is this weeks image, a man and lady scarecrow. Aren't they cute? I love Fall images! For this card, I used Stampin Up's Crumb Cake for the card base, and the rest of the paper is from DCWV (Die Cuts With a View). The cute patterned paper with the funky leaves on it, was sent to me by my good Soft Pencil friend, Kerry! Thanks Kerry, you are too sweet to me! I used verious Stampin Up markers to color the image, a leaf punch from the Target dollar spot, and some ribbon that I found on sale last year or so at Hobby Lobby.
For this card using last week's SND image I used all Stampin Up card stock..... Bashful Blue, Almost Amethyst, Ballet Blue, and Whisper White. The sentiment was stamped in SU Ballet Blue ink. The bottom border was made with an EK Success punch called Scalloped Scallops of course the buttons in the corner were from DCWV with some retired SU silver string in them.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and come back and visit me again, I am starting on my Christmas cards and all kinds of other things. You never know what I am going to post on here. Tee hee.
Before I go, I wanted to say a few words to a good friend of mine and a very sweet and kind lady who lost her beloved husband this past Sunday, Becca Feeken. Becca, was very supportive to me during a very sad time in my life and in fact encouraged me to start this blog. I am so very sorry to hear about her loss and Becca you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God Comfort you during this difficult time. If you want to see Becca's gorgeous paper crafting creations, please see the link on my sidebar; her blog is called "Amazing Paper Grace".
Until next time.................. Blessings, Lisa

3 comments:

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great job on both your cards Lisa! LOVE the colors. I got your e-mail, will respond a bit later - hubby is hogging the "good" computer and it's a pain to get to my e-mail on this one.

Kerry said...

So so cute Lisa, I'm so glad that you are enjoying the goodies that I sent you. And it worked out with the image perfectly, you rock chica!!! Gorgeous cards, my friend. Hugs!

Vickie said...

Lisa, your cards are beautiful. The scarecrow image just pops!!

I am sorry about your friend's lost. Prayers going her way.