Sunday, July 18, 2010

Masculine Card from Stampin Up

Hello. Happy Sunday to everyone! Today's card was made with two Stampin Up stamp sets, the "Woodgrain" background stamp, and the tree image from the "Forest Friends" stamp set. I was trying to see what I could come up with that was masculine in nature. Like most women, I tend to purchase the "cute" stamp set, the "elegant" stamp set, stamp sets with flowers and/or butterflies, etc, etc, etc.... I am sure you can relate to this. So, masculine cards are a particularly difficult challenge for me. But, here is what I can up with:
I first stamped the woodgrain stamp onto some vanilla card stock with three different times with three different colors, all in the brown family of SU colors. Then, I took the tree stamp from "Forest Friends" and colored it with two different Stampin Up markers, and stamped it onto vanilla card stock. Next I cut out the tree out and punched out the woodgrain backgrounds with circle punches. Adhered all of this into the pattern you see above and stamped a sentiment! I have to admit, I absolutely love these quick and simple card layouts.
The tree was colored with Garden Green, and Chocolate Chip, and the card base is Kraft card stock, which Stampin Up recently renamed Crumb Cake. That sums it all up! I am off to chat with my peeps on facebook. Take care, and....


Until Next time...........Blessings, Lisa

No comments: