Thursday, May 13, 2010

Soft Pencil Thursday!!!!!!

Hello everyone, it is my favorite day of the week, Thursday!!! Yay... I get to post something made with a Soft Pencil Digi image. I was drawing a blank on what to do, so I got out things in my favorite color, purple (lavender today), and I guess I truly am "Inspired by Purple", because an idea just hit me. I got out my relatively new border and corner punch combo from Stampin Up. I have only used them a couple of times, so I thought I should put them to work. I also decided to be probably the last person on Earth to try Copic markers, Marco's Paper in Dayton Ohio had the Caio version of them on sale for $3.89 ea. Of course I bought 2 purple and one blender pen, just so I could be able to say that I tried them out! OMG, I am in love........why do they have to be so expensive? If you think $3.89 is a good deal on them, and want to check it out, Marco's has a website that you can order from and you can find it here. They also have phone numbers listed on the main page, if you need them. Dayton is about an hour away from where I live, so I don't get up there very often, so the nice lady there told me that they would be more than happy to take phone orders and ship it to me. Oh yay, someone else willing to feed my obssesive hobby. LOL. So, here is my purple/lavender creation for today!



I have adopted the clean and simple look with my card making and scrap booking for that matter. I love to look at the more embellished projects, but it is just not in me to create with that style. I have come to the conclusion that when it comes to anything creative or artistic, we all have to develop/find our own style, and not try to be someone that we are not! The card stock that I used for the card base is SU's Barely Banana and the matting for the image is Almost Amethyst. The designer paper is a retired SU designer series paper. The image was colored with a combination of markers. Everything lavender is Copic, the rest is Stampin Up. The sentiment is from a Stampin Up set that I commonly use called Teeny Tiny Wishes. Of course the pearls are from Michael's craft store. I have also decided that I can't finish a card off without adding pearls, bling or buttons. LOL.

If you missed the Soft Pencil Blog Hop last week, just scroll down on my blog a little bit, and there is a list of blogs and links attached to them, so you just click the first one and start hopping. The contests are over, but you can still get some great inspiration from all of us DT girls.

Until next time.........................Blessings, Lisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa-- I love your card and the color combo works perfectly together!! I agree with you about style-it has to be our own. I'm a clean and simple gal too!! :-) Blessings and Hugs!!

Michelle said...

I like your style! Your card is very pretty - fabulous color combo!

Kerry said...

Love the simple look, Lisa! Just perfect!

Lydia Fiedler said...

GAH - that is so cute!!! I love your clean and simple style!!!

I miss you - let's try to catch up this week!

Cat said...

LOVE your card, Lisa! So pretty! Glad you got to try out Copics! You can also buy the refill bottles at oozak.com and i heart papers. They really are cheaper in the long run, and you can refill them many, many times.