Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Simple Pocket Silhouettes


Hello. Boy it feels good to be back in the land of Bloggers.com. I received my set of Stampin Up's Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, and was ready to play with it. The first thing that came to mind was what you see in the photos. Something simple, but pretty. So, I began by creating the base of the card out of SU Very Vanilla card stock, and punching the right hand side of the front of the card only with Martha Stewart's Lace Border Punch. As I have said before, I am not a Martha fan, but she sure has some cute paper punches. To create the flower pot, I punched out an SU Designer Label shape out of SU Creamy Caramel card stock, then snipped off the bottom portion. Then I colored the Stamp with Stampin Up markers, before stamping them onto the card. The flower pot was adhered with snail adhesive after stamping the flowers. Markers used were Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Lavender Lace, and Lovely Lilac. If you have any questions, just leave me a comment. Pretty quick and simple card though. I also plan to make some of these with the Stampin Up Scallop border punch when I am able to buy one. I think it would look cute either way. What do you think? Well, I hate to quickly blog and run, but I am gonna. Take care and God Bless.


Lisa

1 comment:

Lydia Fiedler said...

OMG - what a great idea!!!!