Thursday, October 21, 2010

Stamp n Doodle Thursday!

Hello, and Happy Thursday! Yes, I am late today which seems to be the story of my life this week. Anyhoo, we Stamp-n-doodle design team members had an adorable Halloween image to work with this week. I forget the name, so I am going to go with Witch's Shoes. We were challenged to emboss, use a bat and add glitter. So, I tried heat embossing on a digi image for the first time, and I added glitter to the bat that I used! I had fun making this, I hope you enjoy looking at it.
I am not sure how other people heat emboss a digi image, but this is how I did it! The cool thing about heat embossing a digi image is that you can emboss only a portion of the image if you want to and not the whole image. I got out my Versamarker, and colored only the cat portion of the image with it. Then, I added fine, clear embossing powder to it shake off the excess and heat set with a heat gun. Of course, the awesome and shiny embossing did not show up very well on the photo! Urgh! I also used some embossed glittered designer paper on the card too. The bat was made with a Martha Stewart Bat punch, then I added some black glitter to it using my SU Glue pen. So, I went a little overboard with the embossing and glitter, but oh well, it was fun. Now, tomorrow (Friday) go over to the Stamp-n-doodle blog (click on the store logo on my sidebar), and see all of the DT creations with this adorable image and also visit their blogs and leave them some kind words for their hard work.

Until next time..............Blessings, Lisa



No comments: