Thursday, June 17, 2010

Soft Pencil Thursday!

Hello. The image that we were asked to work with this week is called "Michu's Mom", and it is an adorable image of Michu and his mom standing next to their home. There was no challenge issued to us, so I decided to make a happy birthday mom card.



I usually color Michu gray because my real kitty is gray with white feet, but today I decided I would challenge myself to step out of my comfort zone and color him in shades of tan and brown. Of course that meant that I had to use the same colors on his mom. I hope you like them. I started out using Stampin Up's Creamy Caramel (which is about to be retired by the way), then added some Close to Cocoa accents. I cut the image out with some of my Spellbinder's Nestibilities Rectangles, added a sentiment (cut out with some Stampin Up punches). Last but not least, I added some Designer paper accents and sticky gem embellishments. Oh and lets not forget that I went a little crazy rounding corners with my SU small corner rounder. Next Thursday, we are being asked to create a scrapbook page with our digi image, so don't forget to come back and visit all of the DT ladies to see what we all come up with.

One important note is to tell you that Elizabeth, owner of Soft Pencil Designs has yet again added some new stuff to her blog and store. She has created two new images, one for graduation and one with an adorable little frog on it, and she has also created some cute digi papers that can be printed on colored paper, or plain and then colored. Hop on over to her blog and see them, there is a link to it on any soft pencil image you see on my sidebar.

Last but not least, I am working on some very easy and quick Father's Day cards that you can make at the last minute that I will be posting tomorrow, Friday!

Until next time..................Blessings, Lisa

6 comments:

Cat said...

Lisa, your card turned out so cute! I love the way you colored Michu and his Mom! They are adorable! Hugs

Elizabeth P said...

I love how you colored the kitties Lisa! they look so cute!!! and I love the colours combo you used! you did a great job :)

Anonymous said...

Love how you colored Michu and his mom!! the LO of your card is wonderful!!! Blessings and Hugs!!

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

GREAT work on this card Lisa! LOVE how you colored the images and the choice of colors and papers is WONDERFUL:)

Michelle said...

oh fab card, lisa! And I think you did a wonderful job stepping out of your comfort zone with Michu. Him and his mom turned out wonderful!

Betty J Schaub said...

love your coloring on Michu and Mom! too cute!