Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A "Just Rite" Easter card

About a year or so ago, I won a set of "Just Rite Stamps" as blog candy from Becca Feeken. Here blog can be found here and on my side bar. I forget the name of the set, but it is still for sale in their shop and it has something for every American holiday we have. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mother's day, Father's day, Valentine's Day, Birthday, Easter, etc... So, I decided to give the Easter stamp a try. I followed the card sketch from Splitcoast Stampers from last week or the week before. I am short on time, so please forgive me for not knowing exactly which sketch. I was excited about the sketch when I first saw it, but then when I made a card with it, I was no longer happy. Maybe I am just too critical of my own work. But never the less, here it is:

I used some "Die Cuts With A View" card stock (the green and white pearlescent textured), and the cute floral piece. The rest of the card stock is Stampin Up. Maybe it is the card stock, I am just not as happy with card stock if it is not Stampin Up, maybe because the colors don't coordinate as well together. Stampin Up's card stock is made to coordinate together and with it's designer patterned paper. I do however completely adore that stamp image, and had a blast coloring that cute little chickie. I hope you like it, even if I am not completely happy with it.

Anyhoo, please continue to excuse my blog dust, one of my buttons still isn't working if you click on it, and they don't appear to be the same size. It is a work in progress, two very busy ladies are working on them.

Come back and visit me tomorrow, for "Soft Pencil Thursday"! I am making something with the absolute cutest Easter digi image on the planet!

Until next time............ Blessings, Lisa

No comments: